June 26, 2012

Sail the blues away

To say it has been quiet round these parts of late, is an understatement to say the least.  In fact over at A Parenting Life, I managed to write a post explaining why it had been so quiet on the writing front.  Mind you there were more reasons than I could admit to in one post so I had to then write the real reasons I was quiet on the writing front.

Both of which were rather poor bugger me whiney kind of posts.  Which I really try and avoid as much as possible but there must be something in the air of late.  I know that many say the onset of winter brings with it sadder than normal moods but you have to remember that I live in the tropics.  My winter is still like most people's summer.  In fact this is our peak tourist time because the weather is just so darn awesome.

Perfect for endless days at the beach and what not

Having said that though, as I sit here typing this, I am dressed in a track suit and curled up trying to stay warm.  It is all relative.  Below 22 degrees celsius is cold for me.  Below 18 is like freezing.

Thankfully I got the whingy whiney out of me.  Either that or I have managed to once again lock it away.  Regardless my complaining for now is done.  Promise.

It had been in there way to long.

Interacting with people will do that to me.  Well interacting with too many idiots in too short a space of time will do that to me.

The school holidays are under way now so my interaction is much easier to control.  It is easy to stay out of the idiots way when we don't have to go to school every day.  In case you missed it  a woman at school rubbed me the wrong way.  Like really rubbed me the wrong way.  I am so thankful our children are different ages that I will never have to share a class with her.  She is a do gooder that does more harm than good.  At least in my opinion.

Needless to say it has been hard to make things matter of late.  I have still been running a few times a week so at least that is something.  My one constant that I have been able to hold on to.  Providing me with hope that I can go on.

Which of course I can.

I still get mad at myself letting the little things get to me.  Did you know there are real people out there with real problems?  Not just a melodramatic mother craving for attention, trying to show that she may well just be more than a mother without having a career as such.

Mind you I can't help but wonder if sometimes I let the magnitude of everyone else's problems pile up on top of me.  Only to then have them weigh me down and turn me into the world is such a shitty place believer of late.

Source
Of course I can't help but notice that lately lots and lots of people seem to be in a similar boat to me.  One that is leaking, but at a rate you can empty out quick enough to stay afloat.  Perhaps there is something in the air after all

Though every now and then it gets a bit touch and go.
Source
For now though all is well and it is smooth sailing
Source



It's Tuesday, and I have blogged.  
Yay!!  Which of course means joining in on the wonders that are #IBOT

Check out here for more great #IBOT posts


2 comments:

  1. Life can be so tough at times, and I really do think that we are entitled to a whinge and a "poor me" period of time every now and then. Keep smiling and eventually things will turn around-thats what I tell myself anyway!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am sorry. You know though, that your blog is YOUR place, and a place where it is safe to vent. Hoping the days and nights become brighter now we are through the equinox. Take care. Denyse #TeamIbot

    ReplyDelete