April 8, 2012

Settling In

Sunday afternoons are all about family.  Well at least to me they are.  It is a time to stop and just be with family.   In my ideal world Sundays are lazy and rewarding.  A time when all the work is out the way and you are just casually waiting for the next week to begin.  Allowing for the opportunity to plan and positively move forward.

Lately my Sundays have been far from this.

Actually lately any of my days are far from this.  I know that with Easter, birthdays, school holidays and a change of weather life has been rather hectic to say the least.  When I started this blog last week I was certain that I had posts lined up for the following days.  

Spurred by inspirational women I incorrectly thought I would be able to create my own inspiration.  I had plans for sailing through the week creating good and helping the sad.  Instead all I really managed to do was not drown in the swirling waters I at times found myself in.  Which I guess in some ways could possibly be seen as not such a bad thing but it wasn't exactly what I was aiming for.

Thankfully I am not one to beat myself up (too much) so I know that I should just look at all the things I did manage to navigate through and be successful at.  They might not have been award winning but at least I made the time to get a few posts out.  It might only have been a chapter or two of my book but at least it was a chapter or two and not just a page or nothing at all.  
Small steps are better than no steps.

There is not an instance where that statement doesn't ring true.  And if there is I can't think of one.  If you can please share.

One of the things that I struggle with most is looking at (or sometimes for) the bigger picture.  I tend to think of it like a jigsaw puzzle.  Where all the pieces are made up of lots of little things.  
Source

All of which matter.  

It can be hard at times working out what pieces go where and which ones need to matter more than others.  Made only trickier by the fact that some will need to matter the same but one must be done before the other.  Just one of life's many juggling actors I guess.

As Sunday afternoon is quickly fading and Sunday evening approaches I am still not exactly sure what to make matter most this weekend.  My running has been non existent for too many days to count (which is probably only four but that is over half a week you know)  To make up for it I am just about to head out for on now.  I also hope to get a bit more reading done.  Since it is school holidays I am pretty much in ultra relaxation mode.

If this is your first time here please make sure you sign up to stay in touch, either via email or RSS feed the old GFC.  I will eventually get to Networked Blogs bug I am just a bit time poor at the moment.  Thanks to those who have already signed up and I assure you there will be awesomeness abound.

No comments:

Post a Comment